Seagraves is a city in Gaines County, Texas, United States. The population was 2,417 at the 2010 census.
A post office at the home of S.J. Blythe occupied the area known as Blythe, Texas. In 1917 the Santa Fe railroad moved into the vicinity, but the rail company ran into a problem. Santa Fe already had one town by the name located in Blythe, California. The company decided to change the name of this new location after Charles L. Seagraves, an employee who worked as a traveling agent and was favored by local residents. The Spearman Land Company building was the first building to be erected and the Higginbotham Bartlett Lumber Company followed shortly there after. Seagraves grew rapidly as a town and in 1928 suffered a fire that burned a major portion of the business section. The only building left standing was the Seagraves Motor Company, which led to the rebuilding of modern brick buildings, many of which remain today.
Seagraves is located at 32°57′N 102°34′W.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.5 square miles (3.9 km²), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, 2,334 people, 812 households, and 616 families resided in the city. The population density was 1,609.8 people per square mile (621.5/km²). The 977 housing units had an average density of 673.9/sq mi (260.2/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 66.80% White, 6.08% African American, 0.73% Native American, 0.04% Asian, 23.31% from other races, and 3.04% from two or more races. Hispanics or Latinos of any race were 55.91% of the population.
Bio-One services all types of trauma, distressed property, and biohazard scenes in communities throughout West Texas Area. We partner with local authorities, communities, emergency services personnel, victim services groups, hoarding task forces, apartment complexes, insurance companies and others to provide the most efficient and superior service possible.
We are your crime scene cleaners dedicated to assisting law enforcement, public service agencies and property owners/managers in restoring property that has been contaminated as a result of crime, disaster or misuse.