Bio-One of West Texas services all types of trauma, distressed property, and biohazard scenes in communities throughout Andrews County Area. We partner with local authorities, communities, emergency services personnel, victim services groups, hoarding task forces, apartment complexes, insurance companies and others to provide the most efficient and superior service possible.
We are your Andrews County crime scene cleaners dedicated to assisting law enforcement, public service agencies and property owners/managers in restoring property that has been contaminated as a result of crime, disaster or misuse.
Andrews County is a county in the U.S. state of Texas. As of the 2010 census, the population was 14,786. Its county seat is Andrews. Andrews is named for Richard Andrews, a soldier of the Texas Revolution. The county was created August 21, 1876, from Tom Green County and organized in 1910.
The Andrews Micropolitan Statistical Area includes all of Andrews County.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the county has an area of 1,501 square miles (3,890 km²), of which 1,501 square miles (3,890 km²) is land and 0.4 square miles (1.0 km²) (0.02%) is water. The county contains many playa lakes, the two largest being Baird lake and Shafter Lake.
In the west part of Andrews County on the border with New Mexico (see the state border issue below), a private company, Waste Control Specialists (WCS), formerly owned by the late Harold Simmons and headquartered in Dallas, Texas, operates a 14,000 acres (57 km²) site. The company was awarded a license to dispose of radioactive waste by the TCEQ in 2009. The permit allows for disposal of radioactive materials such as uranium, plutonium and thorium from commercial power plants, academic institutions and medical schools. The company finished construction on the project in 2011 and began disposing of waste in 2012. There are two radioactive waste landfills at the site. The 30-acre compact site is owned and regulated by the State of Texas for use by Texas, Vermont, and up to 36 other states. The 90-acre federal site is owned by the United States federal government and is used for Department of Energy and other federal waste. The company employs 130 people or about 1% of the total labor force in Andrews and Andrews County.
As of the census of 2010, there were 14,786 people residing in the county. 79.5% were White, 1.5% Black or African American, 1.0% Native American, 0.6% Asian, 15.5% of some other race and 2.0% of two or more races. 48.7% were Hispanic or Latino (of any race).